Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Out Of The Dark And Into The Light: It Doesn't Have To Be A Hair Nightmare

I've Got Sunshine on a Cloudy Day
It's a cold gloomy January. Typical here in Ohio, so I've gotten used to finding my own sunshine. With the big Unite This City birthday celebration coming up, I figured why not change up my look and incorporate the sun in my hairstyle for the event. I chose Salon Rootz located in Medina Ohio to provide this transformation. I knew I would need someone who could capture my personality and turn it into an amazing color. Someone who could stand working on the pickiest person that has an eye for good customer service and loves to be catered too. That someone was Julie Walt.

The Artist and Her Team
Julie Walt


Julie in Chicago with Paul Mitchell

Julie is a graduate of Paul Mitchell The School in Chicago Illinois. After graduation she came back to Ohio to grow with the powerful team at Salon Rootz. Salon Owners Jen Tryon and Shelia Barco opened Salon Rootz in 2005 and by 2012 had doubled in size. They are a Salon Today Top 200 Salon and I attribute their success and their growth to their belief system:

“We believe in family and friends. We believe in education and knowledge. We believe in building our dreams each and everyday with the people we work with and the plans we have made”.

It was evident after my visit they are meeting and exceeding their dreams :) I give a huge thank you to: Julie, Sheila, Jen, Deanna, Stephanie and Elly! I learned so much listening to you all develop formulas and watching you assist when we minimized processing times . It was very inspiring.

Jen Tryon and Sheila Barco - Owners of Salon Rootz
http://www.salonrootz.com/about-us/

Communication, Patience and Understanding are the Keys to a Successful Service
Me being the person I am and the salon experience I possess, I understand what it takes to have a successful service-- communication from the stylist and the client. As a client you must schedule a consultation for any new style. It is also important to bring multiple photos of what you're looking for. Try to choose realistic images that aren't too far from your natural features. Discuss with your stylist all of the ways you style your hair or if you use multiple partings. Tell them what your current routine is and why you feel you need change. Stylists are very creative and innovative but they are not mind readers :) The more you communicate the more likely you'll receive exactly what you are after.

Here are some examples that I sent to Julie a few days before my appointment. I chose women who had a similar skin tone, hair length or my desired color. Julie also knew that I wanted to add a certain flair to the color. Don't mind the OOPS! in the bottom corner, I changed my mind on that one :)


Plan on purchasing products from your stylist. Why spend the money on a beautiful color or treatment if you're just going to wash it down the drain. You need to care for you're investment. With proper use, professional strength products should last you awhile.

My arsenal: Can be purchased @ Salon Rootz



The Experience
My favorite part about my service at Salon Rootz was the staff. They work as a unit. Everyone is so different and has their own idea on how to achieve a look, but when you put it all together something amazing happens. They all care about each other and will take the time to assist one another in a second. That is crucial when a client comes in wanting to go from Black to Blonde in a few months lol. I'm such a pain! This brings me back to my stylist who took on the challenge. Julie is an incredible stylist who genuinely cares about making you happy. She not only invests her time into her talent, but also her heart. She never left my side unless she needed to mix more color and offered me beverages and paraffin treatments during my service. I was so comfortable. Ever since Julie graduated school I had faith in her ability and knew that one day soon she would be MY hair girl lol. Okay, I guess I can share :) To schedule an appointment with Julie, click the link below:

 Before: Curly Black Hair



Julie and I are super silly! She makes
everything fun :) 

Love at first sight! She nailed it!



I feel confident and photo ready with
my new style! Hanging with my
Big Bro James :)




Such a classy and versatile color for any occasion. Posing with
 Brandy for UTC and Austreeia Everson-Thompson at the
Rainforest for UTC's 1rst Birthday Party.
Photo-bombed by Allen Fee


Cold and Blue to Sunny and New :)








No comments:

Post a Comment